Scarp Road Section 3

Today we cycled section 3 of Scarp Road in the Darling Range.  
We started at the Kingsbury Drive Scarp Road south intersection and headed south to the intersection with Yamba Dr that was our turnaround point. There's about one kilometre of asphalt,  then 5+ km of dirt. 
Initially riding through forest of eucalypt,  banksia and wattle. 
With some steep climbs up to 14% grade. 
The weather was perfect. 
Then there were some fabulous lush green farms too.
We really enjoyed this section.  So pretty!
I think it's best ridden in winter. 
Matt rides faster than me but stops and waits for me to catch up along the way. 
This was my favourite section so far. 
Here's some stats from Matt's Garmin watch:
And the elevation profile for the ride. 
The red dirt road had been recently graded so it was in excellent condition. 
The photos really don't do justice to the beauty of this section. 
I think this might become an annual ride!


Comments